We acknowledge the critical importance of the internship as the culminating fieldwork experience of school trainees. This internship provides a unique opportunity for students to demonstrate field-based competence in the learning goals of their respective training programs. As such, it is important that internship placements provide experiences that allow candidates to engage in a variety of activities utilizing the skills and knowledge they have developed in their training programs.
- Prepare students for corporate and community leadership
- Fostering an explicit understanding of the relevance, applicability, and adaptability of the liberal arts education to the demands of the professional world
- Providing an arena for self-reflection, career enhancing, self-confidence, and clarifying career goals
- Deepening academic skills through industrial application;
- provide interns with quality professional and career development;
- Encourage creativity, innovation and project development
- To provide educational mentor-ship, coaching and advice